this site

Why Nature?

I love nature. Nature is beautiful, peaceful, and soothing. The pleasure of natural green sight, blue skies, smell of the salty sea air, sounds of birds, deep forests, mountains, stars shining with the moonlight, everything just caught my eyes. 
Sometimes I wonder what else in these nature world, other than us, whatelse that we cannot see. What is the history, or secrets hidden in such beautiful places. There may be another realm sharing the same nature with us and live there. I linked the nature with any elements with the story behind it..


Tuesday 24 May 2011

Image 5 : [Sky] - Frozen Swan

Original Photos











The Process

Start from an empty document.. and fill in with gradient. I choose these colors.



Then I add cloud photo and make it fit the layout.



Change the blend settings.



And add a moon.. select and remove the black area.



Select eliptical marquee tool.. change feather size to 30px.. and remove some area of the moon.

 


It will become like this..



Then use eraser to add more shades.. (by erasing some part of course.. reduce the opacity level first)



Now I add the swan.. 



Meanwhile, open splash water photo.. and select some portion of the splash area..



Paste it on to the swan, adjust the blending mode.. and began to wrap. Swan image used as a guideline. When I finish this part, I turn off the visibility of the swan photo..



And I can get an ice image of swan.. not so perfect but lets just continue to finish.. at first, it looks somewhat transparent so I duplicate the layer.. and add some liquify effect..



Then I add more splash photo..



..and adjust them until I satisfied with the effect.. I shift the moon slightly to the top.



I think the swan and splash effect conquered the space too much.. so I resize them a bit.



Then I add more skies..



..and give a hazy effect..



After that.. I add stars by using brush tool.. 


This can be selected from assorted brush option.. I enhance more the shape and size by adjusting brush tip settings.. Finally, do some touch ups..



 


Final Image


Frozen Swan

Story of the picture : There is one loving couple who has been cursed into a white swans. Many young lads would steal the glowing feather from the male swan that is said can produce a beautiful expensive robe. Not that long until the male swan become ill and died. The female swan cannot bear the loss. She then fly away up to the sky with grief. She lives alone in a misery and unhappiness. Everytime when she sing a sad and sorrowful song with painful tears, rain will fall down to the earth. It is learnt that during the full moon of winter season, the swan become frozen and the snow will drop down heavily.


image credit : clouds 1 | clouds 2 | water splash 1 | water splash 2 | water splash 3swan | moon |

2 comments:

  1. Luks artistic & kinda abstract...Gotta tell u somethin; its bit weird too... the actual sky & the reflection on the water hav different tint..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. yeah agreed. looks unnatural. its not yet finish tho. u comment so quick. still need to touch up here and there. this one is interesting bcause i can experiment to turn the subject into an ice~

    ReplyDelete

Tips & Techniques



- make a rough sketch to throw your idea onto the paper. search for a reference image, but don't simply copy.
- sometimes I start to develop based on what I have in my mind, but it is advisable to write down/sketch to make sure your idea didn't fly away.
- try an error of various tools. Each effects can be made by many techniques. Different user with different style.
- always save a backup file in case you want to undo from earlier than what left in the history steps.
- accept the critism and improve your work constantly.
- it's not advised to use default settings, such as default gradient and blending default color. People will get tired looking at it.
- if you want to place your copyright text or watermark, make sure it didn't 'cover' your image as a whole. Sometimes copyright text distract your viewer from viewing your image.
- make a proper clean up so that viewer cannot 'detect' your #fail in the photo
- up to date with latest techniques by subscribe or follow graphics related website.

Imagination



“When you think something, you think in picture. You don't think a thought in words. You think a picture that expresses your thought. Working with this picture will produce it into your experience.”
- Grace Speare (American Author)

My awesome lecturer

Introducingggg.. Dr Neo Mai
My lecturer for this subject.


Click here to visit
You can also find complete list of other student's blog. (^_^)

Followers

© Fatihah AfH. Powered by Blogger.